YOU CAN’T DO CPR ON A DEAD SITUATION
Cledus at the kitchen table
Short of breath, legally disabled
Wife walks in, she's so surprised
Can't believe I'm still alive
I say I'm hungry for biscuits and gravy
That patty melt that you always made me
But I can't eat that anymore
They say grease kills, tastes good to me
Day in, day out, it's all I eat
My third bypass, unclogged the valves
Just to clog them again
Never felt worse, a constant thirst
Lordy how my left arm hurts
I blame my job, I blame my wife
For this coronary life
Cledus on the ER table
Vital signs ain't too stable
"Hey, Doc, I'm proud of you
I didn't think that I'd pull through"
Later in Intensive Care
I had the nurses laughing there
So thankful Blue Cross will pay
For the bills, my IVs
Four thousand dollar, EKGs
That's the last time I need
It's off I go to Tye-Bo
To improve my cardio
It's about time I said goodbye
To my coronary life
Sweat's pouring off me at the health spa
The Stairmaster's wore me out again
You know I can't believe how much I miss
The way I used to live
I'd eat red meat, pickled pigs' feet
Always craving something sweet
My food was fast but that's the past
I can't eat fat again
Aerobicize, reduced my thighs
No more German chocolate pie
I miss my fudge, I miss my fries
And my coronary life
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2014 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
A San Francisco cable car holds 60 people. This blog was viewed about 630 times in 2014. If it were a cable car, it would take about 11 trips to carry that many people.
Click here to see the complete report.
MY MUSIC INSPIRATIONS
I’d like to share some music that speaks to my heart and I hope it speaks to your heart.
I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT MUSIC HAS INSPIRED YOU OVER THE YEARS PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS BELOW!
FINISH A LATCH HOOK RUG
For this project you will need:
- a heavy duty (or regular doubled) matching color of thread & needle
- Take your canvas and cut so that you have 2-3 rows of squares left around the edge of the rug. (and sorry for the not so great pics – my camera took a trip to everything is too freaking Blueville and I’ve had a hard time trying to fix them!)
- Fold the canvas over and begin stitching on a diagonal hooking the bit of canvas underneath to the folded over bit on the top.
- This is what it looks like a bit closer up… It’s easier to work in lengths of string that are about 1.5 feet, knotting off and starting up again.
- Yay! Here’s one side done – but now what do we do with those pesky corners?
- Cut a square out of the corner and…
- Fold over the other edge and tack down really well. Continue stitching and attaching your canvas down for the rest of the rug.
- Now when I asked around a lot of people actually finish their rugs by sewing a piece of felt onto the backside. I chose not to do this because felt is a fur magnet and I have a whole mess of cats. Can you say the underside of your rug is grody? But this canvas stuff is wicked slippery so I bought some non-skid rug padding.
- I trimmed it to size and went ahead and tacked it down with spray adhesive. It’s going to keep it in place for now, but over time it’ll come off so no worries when it’s time to wash it… it will peel right off.
- So, will you be making your own latch hook rug?
- Did you have fun? Do you still have the rug you made?
- Is it displayed in your home right now?
Street Art is visual art created in public locations, usually unsanctioned artwork
executed outside of the context of traditional art venues.
THE ‘EARTH’ WITHOUT ‘ART’ IS JUST ‘EH’.
“It is more important to click with people than to click the shutter.”
“Photography can only represent the present. Once photographed, the
subject becomes part of the past.”
You have to expect the unexpected. My everyday life journeys were punctuated with the off-the-wall personalities of people they turned any normal situation into something ridiculous..
What normal situations have you experienced!
Nature and wisdom never are at strife.
The art of being wise is knowing what to overlook.
Wisdom is better than gold or silver.
The great lesson is that the sacred is in the ordinary, that it is to be found in one’s daily life, in one’s neighbors, friends and family, in one’s backyard.
Years teach us more than books.
The only medicine for suffering, crime, and all the other woes of mankind, is wisdom.
If you find this post interesting please reblog or share
I want to Thank everyone that is following my blogs. I really appreciate you all!
My husband and I do a lot of traveling as the trip begins to start I always start feeling queasy
either I would have to close my eyes or take some Dramamine or Bonine.
Motion sickness is the feeling you get when the motion you sense with your inner ear is different
from the motion you visualize. It is a common condition that often occurs in some people who
travel either by car, train, airplane or boat.
Any condition you deal with.